Monday 25 June, 2007

Monday Madness


"Hmmm, a little more... just a little bit more... keep it steady... yeah.. just a feet more... keep going... you are almost there.... just an inch more... YOU DID IT !"

Well that was the motivating feedback my mom was giving me as I practiced my asanas in the late evening hours. I was practising "halasana" - the plow posture. Today I performed this asana with absolutely no assistance from my mom. This particular asana gave me the creeps when I attempted it for the first time. (Well the picture illustrates the posture, and the gal in the pic is......... definitely not me :P)

"One wrong move, and you can fracture your neck. Some even end up in coma" -was the word of caution given to me by my yoga instructor a month ago. We literally had to struggle everytime I practised it, most of the time I would end up coughing and gasping for air, and look like a chicken which has just escaped a butcher's strangling grasp.

Today, I dunno from where I got that magic push, I successfully lifted my legs and hips above the ground, supporting myself on my neck and shoulders and lowered it over my head, with my feet touching the ground. And then I slowly straightened my knees, and took deep breaths... enjoying the victorious move. I did it atlast !

Looks like no more Monday Blues for me. Thank You God for this wonderful gift of Yoga !

No comments: