Wednesday 27 June, 2007

Lock Your Keypad



"have done... Check under the pillow..."

"not there na"

"But that's where I put it"

???????????????

* Cut the call *


"Uncle.... oru sambar rice (amidst the background sound of a noisy college canteen)"

????????????????

* Cut the call*


----------------------------------------------------


Your mobile rings, with your friend's name flashing on the screen... you pick up the call and say "hello". But your friend doesn't respond. Instead, you hear anonymous sounds and voices. Ooops... she did it again.

Yet another instance where your friend hasn't locked the keypad of her mobile phone, and mysteriously, at the mysterious push of a mysterious button, a mysterious call comes to you. You answer it and find yourself listening to a mysterious conversation. *cut that call*

Well getting such phone calls maybe entertaining... It solely depends upon whats happening on the other end. Sometimes it makes your imagination soar. It could be your friend talking to a special someone (hey I am not eavesdropping, trust me !) Or what if her mobile phone was stolen/ lost/misplaced, and whoever has found its, is unable to handle it (That's a reasonable concern worth imagining)

My concern is - you burn a hole in your mobile phone bills, by failing to lock your keypad !!!

And also, do be warned... you may be talking about someone or something and you accidentally press the call button, and your phone connects to somebody else. It leaves you in a situation where someone is listening to your private conversation.

You are not going to lose anything by consciously locking your keypad every time after you use your phone. If you are so absent minded, consider using your phone settings to set to an automatic lock after... say..10 secs ??? I hope that serves the purpose.

If you find yourself reading this post and nodding your head at the same time, acknowledging the fact that you do receive such phone calls.... Then please for heaven sake talk to your friend and ask him/ her to do the needful - "LOCK THE KEYPAD"


*Trrriiinngggggggggg*

oh nooooooo..... not again !

2 comments:

neo said...

I am one of those super-brilliant-extra-ordinary-genius who never locks up my cell phone ..

Why shd we lock up our cell phone ??

If u know that answer .. Dont read my comment .. U are a genius like me :D

Have you ever seen James Bond accidentally dialling a number and the person on the other end eavesdrop on him ?????

I am like James Bond 007 !
I have never called up anyone accidentally .. I have mentioned, that I am genius. I am a genius ! If someone says ,"NO" .. Take a gun, point it on your head and pull the trigger .. Only then ;)

The interesting statistics that my super powered brain has worked up :

The probability of accidentally dialling Ag's number is 1 in 10000000000000 and that too pressing the call button after getting the exact cell number of Ag accidentally is 1o^1000 ...

Beleive me that is 1 followed by lots of zero's ..

Now some of you mentally retards might ask .. "Some people might use speed dial and the chances of calling them accidentally rises"

My answer to them is ... "Go to hell !!!"

Only lunatics,insane,al-qaeda human bombers and some silly girls from M.O.P.Vaishnav College For Women in Chennai do it ...

I would suggest to them to attend my 'Extra-sensory-sense-against-accidental-dialing-of-phone-number-from-your-god-damn-cell' programme !!!

This programme is approved by the Special services operatives,Pentagon,USA and the MI5, Britain..

Btw ..James Bond finished my course and so did Ethan Hunt ;)

Jaishree said...

@ Neo
I would love to sponsor some of my friends for your course. Your contact please?