Monday 30 July, 2007

Weekend Jottings

Last weekend, I spent the first half of Saturday with my dad and mom. Second half saw me battling mosquitoes, as I sat for the movie Chennai - 600 028 in the outdoor theatre.

The movie had good music, youthful concept, it traced the trials and tribulations faced by a group of youngsters.

Sunday was really worth waiting for. My granny, uncle, cousin and myself went to visit a few temples. We went upto Thiruvallur. Each and every temple we visited, was unique its own aspects.

The first temple we saw was, dedicated to guardian god Muneeshwaran. The temple was small yet well maintained, protective, yet scary.. phew I was it felt creepy to see a black goat and a rooster toed to a tree.

Then we proceeded to the famous ancient temple "Veer Raghav Perumal Temple". The presiding deity was majestic and was in full glory. But I had my share of fun when I went to the 'goshala' or the cow shed... Three cute little calves were lying down in the shed. They were so soft to touch and I was pleading to my granny that she should get me one sooner or later.

We then went to 'Pancha Mukha Anjeyenar Temple". The journey wasn't easy cos we were driving around for a pretty long time and getting lost repeatedly. Then we finally spotted him - A majestic 30 plus feet of black stone sculpted with five different heads.

Our next stop was another Anjeyenar temple at Kakkalur. This tiny little temple was flooded with people and peppy bhajan music greeted us as we neared the temple gates. We were curious to know what was going on. Men of assorted age groups clad in saffron coloured dhotis took turns to brush themselves with what looked like a thick stick spitting out fire, as they tranced to the bhajan like music.

Our last stop was the "Angala Parameshwari temple" . OH GOSH ! I went through a mixed bag of emotions throughtout our 3 hours spent inside the temple.

Since it was the month of AADI and this is an AMMAN temple in the heart of a village, and it was a Sunday... in addition it was a full moon day. So needless to say, it was crowded. I am actually quite tired to narrate all that happened there (or maybe even lazy :P)

On the whole... yeah it was a jam packed outing. I reached home for hot coffee and snacks , courtesy, mom.

And I winded up my day by getting back in touch with a very dear friend. My day was made :)

2 comments:

workhard said...

U should have taken some pics.. unless ofcourse it was purely a religious trip...

How to make a website

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.louisvuittonpascher2.fr]Louis Vuitton sac[/url] wbzhkk Louis Vuitton sacs [url=http://www.vuittonsacspeedy.fr]Louis Vuitton pas cher[/url] vgtuzi