Friday 20 July, 2007

TGIF .. He is coming

This was probably the most boring week in July(except for that funny Wednesday birthday dinner). So what if it's Friday today. But its Saturday tomorrow (and I am working.. sigh !).

The final installment from the quills of Ms. J.K. Rowling... did I overdo it?... ok.. the seventh book of the Harry Potter series is due for a worldwide release tomorrow. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the much awaited book of the year which has kept fans guessing over, whats going to happen to the boy-wizard. Who's gonna take charge of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Is Harry going to survive? Will Harry and Ginny get back? What's gonna happen to Snape?

Well this book is going to answer all these magical questions that maybe running inside millions of 'muggle' heads.

I started reading Harry Potter pretty late after it became famous. Maybe three years back ! But I am now, a fan of Ms. Rowling who has kindled the imagination of millions.. probably billions and billions of people world over. I didn't get a chance to attend any of the previous mega book releases held in the various book stores. I had been waiting to attend the last and final release, which is gonna happen tomorrow, July 21st, 2007. Wow ! It's going to be a magical moment.

Major bookstores are going to look like Mini Hogwarts with kids and adults masquerading like characters from 'the magical world'. Celebrations are going to start from 5 am. Wish I can be a part of it. I am still keeping my fingers crossed. I have been nagging my mom about this release for the past ten.. no.. twenty..umm no... for many days.

But as my luck could have it, tomorrow I am working, and in the evening I have to attend an important family gathering. Maybe if lucky, my dad might drive me straight into a bookstore before we attend the gathering.

*Taking a deep breath* Things can certainly brighten up. Hoping for that.

Have a great weekend !

No comments: