Wednesday 25 July, 2007

A 'Light' Dinner

Yesterday I was pretty concerned about my weightloss plans. More concerned than usual. I was already pissed off that I had missed my evening workout due to change in some plans. So I decided to cheer up by making dinner. My lil bro wanted something which tasted like Chinese ... a Manchurian if possible.

I used a weird combination of ingredients.

  • sprouts
  • tofu
  • soya chunks
  • cottage cheese
  • onion
  • tomato
  • ginger
  • garlic
  • chillies
  • chilli powder
  • salt
  • cornflour
  • soya sauce (????? what not on earth !!!!)

And all these 'collaborated' to yield a reddish brown gravy with these chunks of soya, tofu and cottage cheese in between and tasted like... well ummmmm.... indianised version of the Chinese Manchurian???? (Yeah , thats what it tasted like.. and yeah my brother liked it, but he still hates sprouts) Maybe I should name this - The ultimate protein manchurian :P

My mom was making chapathis. We finally settled down for dinner. I took out my mobile and sent a quick SMS (I told you SMS is an addiction for me) to Neo.

“Hi da. We are having Candlelight dinner “

“oh”

“Yeah because of powercut”

“ha ha ha”

I laughed to myself looking at his reply and continued with my dinner in the middle of a powercut thanks to the candlelight. Post dinner, I went to the balcony for some fresh air. I was overwhelmed by what I saw.

Soft Moonlight from the half-full moon.. And a gentle breeze was blowing. Wooow, what a treat for the senses.

And then I took a good view of the city from the balcony of our 8th floor apartment. Suddenly I felt so good. I had forgotten about the power cut which is usually irritating. Probably it was the after effects of my 'light' dinner :P


2 comments:

Pari Gandhi said...

I once tried tofu quiche and it turned out alright., but cheese, chilli powder, soy, corn flour all in the same dish.... naan inda aatathukku varale!!!!

workhard said...

i love chicken manchuria...

yummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!



How to make a website